Wednesday, March 24, 2010

DOES ANYBODY STAY TOGETHER ANYMORE?


The latest in a string of celebrity break-ups is the on again- off again pairing of Kim Kardashian and Reggie Bush. Their situation has prompted me to write about this recent epidemic of failed relationships. It seems Reggie was happy enough with a Superbowl ring and Kim, who is the only person I can think of who is famous purely for having a big ass, must have gotten tiresome with that E! camera crew following them around while she gets paid thousands to tweet about what kind of sports drink she enjoys. The losing streak began with Sandra Bullock & Jesse James. Sandra waited until later in life to marry the guy who seemed to be not her type only to find out later he had been cheating on her with someone more his type. At least she has Oscar. Speaking of Oscar, next came word of the split between Oscar winner Kate Winslet and her director hubby Sam Mendes after 7 years. I did not see this one comin, but then I never do. Then came word of the end of Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jamie Kennedy. Geesh- even the B list has problems! Does anyone stay together anymore? I can relate. It's like a certain gentleman who told me recently that he didn't want to give me "false hope." Yeah I know, ouch. That line is such a metaphorical slap in the face it will have you reaching for a bag of frozen peas. I wasn't going to say anything, but a statement like that deserves a public beat down. I say keep hope alive, people. In the end, it's all we have left to keep us going!

No comments:

Post a Comment