Tuesday, June 22, 2010

FELL OFF THE WAGON WITH PANCAKE BITES!

I've been so good lately trying not to eat junk from the drive-thru. I held strong for almost a month, until this morning.....I stopped off @ the new drive-thru Dunkin Donuts in Qtown innocently enough for an iced blueberry coffee with cream & one Splenda and a toasted, buttered English muffin. That is, until I saw the new Maple Pancake Sausage Bites staring down at me from the menu board. Damn it! "Are those really good?" I asked the attendant, as if she was going to tell me, no! "Oh yes, they are delicious. You should try a 3 pack. They come in 3 and 6 count," she informed me. So I caved. The first one was delicious. Hot, sweet and satisfying. By the second bite, I was beginning to regret my decision to veer off my healthy course. The second bite, although still good, reminded me it was still just a fatty sausage patty disguised in a bite size pancake that looks like a corn dog tater tot. I tossed out the last one @ the Allentown rest stop and felt full and greasy for most of the morning. It wasn't worth it. As the old saying goes, nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

2 comments:

  1. What happened to the Gina Crash who suggested, "I think it's time you visit an old friend: the McDonald's Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit"? The one who raved about the spicy Cajun chicken sandwich at the Montgomery Avenue McDonald's? Dammit, did you really just turn your back on quick-service breakfast food?

    Good God, I wish I could find the strength you apparently have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spammy! Yeah I know. Thanks for reminding me of my fast food roots. I did fall off the wagon again today and ate their seasoned hashbrown bites after using 5 napkins to wipe off excess grease! CRASH

    ReplyDelete