Tuesday, August 25, 2009

60 IN A 35!!

Pop Evil sing "100 in a 55." Sammy Hagar sang "I Can't Drive 55." Neither can say they were going 60 in a 35, but I can. Last week I was late for an appointment and got nailed in a speed trap going 60 in a 35. I didn't even know my sensible 4- cylinder 4-door sedan could go that fast! Like I told the officer, I really had no idea I was going that fast and I know I should slow down because there are children and pedestrians in the area to think about as well as other drivers. My honesty didn't keep me from owing this particular Magisterial District # in PA that shall remain nameless $169.50 plus $7 in court costs to help balance their unbalanced budgets. Ouch that hurts! Who has that kind of money just lying around? And since it's 25 miles over the speed limit, it comes with a whopping 4 points! That's why I pled not guilty, paid the fine, and hope to negotiate the points when I appear in court at a later date. So I'm letting anyone know who is expecting me to be at an appointment at a particular time- that means you doctors, hairstylists, car repair service departments, etc., that chances are I am running late and there will almost always be traffic, roadwork, lane closures and weather to deal with. And in the interest of avoiding another ticket and possibly jeopardizing my driving record, I may be a little late. If you have a problem with that then you can write me a check for $176.50! And you don't need to tell me that I should leave earlier, I already know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment