Wednesday, September 30, 2009

ENOUGH WITH THE FUNDRAISING!!


HELP! If one more person asks me to donate money for a cause or a fundraiser, I'm going to have to declare bankruptcy! I kid you not. Here's a list of things I've been approached about just in the last week. First there are pre-school and daycare fundraisers for 2 people's kids at work for chocolates and Tupperware right now, not to mention the chocolates and hoagie sandwiches I have already purchased this year for school fundraising. I got a call this morning from a co-worker wanting to be "bailed out of jail" to benefit the MDA. I just received a Bone mail from a co-worker about a benefit for another disease/hospital. Even while I was in the Boneyard bathroom, there's a poster of Christina Appelgate staring at me to participate in Lee Jeans Denim Day for Breast Cancer research. Yesterday I got something in the mail from the National Museum of Women in the Arts in DC asking me to become a member- with a donation of course! Now of course these are all great, wonderful causes worthy of money much needed to fund research and find cures- don't get me wrong, but I simply can't afford it anymore! If I add all of these requests for $5-$10-$20 together, it really adds up! Not to mention the frequent emails I get from former co-workers and cousin's stay- at- home significant others selling Southern Living at Home or Tastefully Simple stuff I'm never going to use since I can't even cook!! If they expect me to finance their lifestyle decision, then I should send around a fundraising catalog for me with things in there like: help with funding vehicle inspections, car repairs, insurance, clogged sinks, EZ pass transponders, gas money, and other assorted bills associated with life! Where is the average working American's fundraising effort? We are asked to give more and more while banks and credit agencies are putting more and more limits and restrictions on consumers? I don't have any answers, but I know donating money I don't have isn't going to help. Thanks for reading my blog. Luckily for now, speech is still free!

No comments:

Post a Comment