Friday, January 28, 2011

WANNA BUY A BAG OF GIRL SCOUT COOKIES?!!?


My co-worker Bob roped me into buying a box of Girl Scout cookies for "fundraising" efforts. I went with the new Thanks-A-Lot's in the interest of being somewhat healthy. They are basically sandwich cookies with fudge on one side. They aren't setting the world on fire with taste, but whatever. The more disturbing thing is that they don't come in a box like regular Girl Scout Cookies, but in a plastic bag. As the bag says, "SAME COOKIES, SAME SIZE, LESS PACKAGING." WTF? If I wanted a bag of cookies, I just would have bought Keebler or Chips Ahoy! I had to scotch tape them up & seal them with a paper clip to keep them fresh instead of just closing a box. I hope my $ is being put to good use by the Girl Scouts. They do a really poor job of telling you where the money from cookie sales actually goes. Wouldn't it be nice if you went to pay a toll or something and they said, "It's all good. This one is on the Girl Scouts cuz you bought a box of Thanks-A-Lots!?

No comments:

Post a Comment