Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SONY'S NO CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY!


I started to notice the other day that the left side of my SONY MDR-V600 headphones were no longer lying flat on my ear the way they should. This makes it annoying everytime I put on my headphones now. It flaps out much like a dog's ear. It appears a screw or piece of the headphones must have come loose. If it weren't for Scotty "MacGyver's" quick thinking to use electrical/duct tape to hold them down, I would really be in trouble. I just purchased these headphones less than a year ago on 5/21/2010 thru Sonystyle.com. I still have all the paperwork. Unfortunately, they only come with a 90 day limited warranty and 30 day return policy, both of which have since expired. With a retail price of well over $100, you would expect more from a product in that price range. When I called SONY's so called customer service department, they said I would have to ship the item back to SONY which takes 3 weeks for them to determine if they can even repair the item and/or if they may replace the item with a "comparable," not necessarily even the same item! So basically I would have to be without headphones for at least 3 weeks with no guarantee I would ever receive working headphones. When I told Amber the customer service rep that a full-time DJ who works at least 8 hours a day/ 5 days a week working without headphones for 3 weeks is like a customer service rep working without a phone for 3 weeks, she was unfazed and unhelpful. A shipping label is all she could provide me. And she kept saying this particular SONY model of headphones dated back to 1992 and she thought that I was sold an old model? WHAT? I have had at least 5 pairs of these very same headphones over the years from SONY stores to Best Buy, to now Sonystyle.com, as do most of my co-workers, and they are exactly the same model. When I told Amber the SONY "no customer service" service rep that I would hate to have to BLOG about my POOR EXPERIENCE WITH SONY, again she was unfazed.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Gina,
    Good afternoon! I'm Sarah Kepler with Sony Electronics. I work on the Sonylistens team. I'm sorry to read about your MDR-V600 headphones. I would be happy to lend a hand and help you towards a positive resolution. If you don't mind, please email me your contact information to Sonylistens@am.sony.com

    I look forward to working with you on this.

    Best Regards,
    Sarah :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah I just noticed your comment & spoke with you on the phone today. Thanks for all your help! I will forward you that info you need. SONY rocks! GINA CRASH

    ReplyDelete