Thursday, July 30, 2009

WORST INVENTION EVER!

I stopped off at the grocery store last night around 7 to pick up 2 quick items. Only 2 lanes were open, so the line was snaking down the aisles and around the store. Blocking the intersection was one of those kid-driven grocery carts that looks like a fire engine. "WE'RE GONNA HIT THE BOXES," screams one of the kids behind the plastic wheel. Never mind she's going to hit the back of my ankles any second and well before she gets to the boxes! I can't blame the kid, it's her clueless Dad who isn't saying a word at his screaming kids. Who invented these grocery carts anyway? Who thought it was a good idea to have kids steer carts and navigate aisles in a busy supermarket or in a parking lot full of cars? And their little steering wheels are located all the way up in the front of the cart far away from the parents who are standing up on the other side of the cart! As the kids are screaming their way thru the checkout/ candy aisle, I'm thinking to myself, "I'm definitely gonna blog about this when I get home!" It's like the kids heard me, cuz we end up in the parking lot at the same time! While the kids are trying to steer the cart to the family car, they run right in front of me on my way to my car. "WE'RE GONNA DIE," screams the overly dramatic kid. Still no comment from the mute Dad.. Thanks for providing material for my blog! Something tells me he would have no comment about that either!

No comments:

Post a Comment