Thursday, May 21, 2009

DICK CHENEY IS EVERYWHERE!

Have you noticed that all of a sudden Dick Cheney is everywhere? Even more than Elizabeth Edwards on her book tour! I don't think I've seen Dick Cheney this much in the whole 8 years of the Bush administration. He only used to come out of his undisclosed location on rare occasions like when he went hunting and shot his friend in the face. Now as private citizen Dick, he is everywhere challenging the new administration and defending his administration. Just today he delivered a speech immediately after the President's speech on the closing of the prison at Guantanamo and other security issues. I can honestly say in my lifetime I have rarely seen or heard from a former Vice President in this manner. Sure Al Gore was everywhere with his documentary and environmental work, but he was never really challenging the next administration. That's gotta be annoying for the President. He's probably thinking, "can't this guy just go away and work on his memoirs already?" It's like if you started a new job and the person who held the position before you kept calling to check up on you and tell you how they did things. Move on. Go volunteer or help the ailing auto and finance industry. Heck any industry could use your help! I don't usually get political, and I'm not taking sides here. I have equal respect for the former Vice President and our current President. I hope the same goes for the two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment